Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Coffee and Doughnuts


By Mitchell Schmale

I was excited to read about a recent medical study that gave me hope. Researchers in Spain have found that the combination of caffeine and sugar can improve the efficiency of brain activity in memory and attention skills. This is good news for me. After many years, my hard-core training regimen focusing on caffeine and sugar may be about to pay off!

The study was published in Human Psychopharmacology: Clinical and Experimental and found the study’s participants who consumed caffeine and sugar together improved their cognitive performance, including sustained attention and working memory, by stimulating the parts of the brain responsible for those functions.

Those subjects given only caffeine or sugar showed improved reaction time, but participants given both had improvements in attention and verbal memory. The researchers in Spain say they will require further studies to confirm their findings.

In the meantime, I have to back to training with my coffee and donuts. I plan to be a genius by the end of the year!

Mitchell Schmale is Vice President of Maroon PR. Contact him at Mitchell@MaroonPR.com

No comments:

Post a Comment